Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Skidmore Story: Pure Awesomeness

Man officially cured of HIV

Yes, you read that correctly. It has been done. Anyway, if you don't read the article, he was cured of his HIV by a mutation in Stem Cells he received to cure his Leukemia. While the process is not safe at all and the mutation is extremely, extremely rare, it's at least a start
If you've never been to Gizmodo, take some time to look around, it's a neat site.

Second: TRON LEGACY. Releasing tomorrow, Tron Legacy is the the 27 year overdue sequel to the 1982 movie, Tron. I'm pretty pumped, I have to say. Daft Punk composed the entire soundtrack, and even have a cameo in the movie. If you see it before me, keep an eye out for them!

Third: MUSIC (not Daft Punk). As you may not know, I am a bit of a metal head when it comes to music. I love metal, but I also enjoy a lot of rock. One of my favourite groups, Cage the Elephant, releases their new album on January 11, 2011! Their first album, entitled Cage the Elephant, had songs like "Ain't No Rest For the Wicked" and "Lotus," both of which are extremely good songs, and I definitely recommend them and the group as a whole. Or, if you're into heavier stuff, Wolf (My all time favourite band) is also releasing a new album in Q1 2011. They're a Swedish metal group (have no fear, it's in English), so they're a little bit of a different style. "The Avenger" is a great song by them, and "Children of the Black Flame" is also pretty good. No curse words are in the above songs, but not everyone will like them. You've been warned.

Fourth and final: BOOKS. That's right, I'm going to talk about books on a library blog. Unheard of, I know. If you've never been to Half-Price Books, check it out, it is one of the best stores ever. While I was there on Sunday, I picked up two new books, both in the Warhammer 40,000 (click if you want an idea of what I'm talking about) series. While I've only started one, it's pretty darn good. [i]The Sons of Fenris[/i] follows Ragnar, the Wolf Lord of the ultra-elite Space Wolves chapter of the ultra-elite Space Marines, as he protects the human race from the evils of Chaos in the year 40,000. These novels take on a different aspect to sci-fi, to where it integrates gothic elements into a futuristic thriller. These books are not for everyone, but I will review them here as soon as I can.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment or email me at taylor.j.skidmore@gmail.com

This is Taylor Skidmore, signing off.

P.S. I'm fighting off a pretty bad cold, and I've been studying for the past 5 hours so give me a break if things seem oddly typed/written

No comments:

Post a Comment